Please click on the pdf documents below to see the tournament draw.
Rules of Entry
The draw for this year’s tournament will be held on Wednesday 31st May at 8pm. Here is a reminder of the rules:
- Please only enter if you are an annual or summer member and your membership fees have been received by 31st May 2017. Direct debit members are eligible as long as your first payment has been received by 31st May 2017. We regret that members on the 6 week taster scheme are not eligible.
- Entries can be made on the entry sheets in the clubhouse or by email to [email protected] or [email protected]
- Please do not enter if you will be away on the finals day, Sunday 16th July, or if you will be away for more than one week during the tournament (this can cause delays to the tournament schedule).
- All matches are best of three full sets. Play a tie-break at 6-6, except for the final set where you need two clear games to win.
- First round singles matches should be played over the weekend of 3rd/4th June. All other matches to be played by the deadline shown on the draw sheets.
- Player(s) shown on the top of the draw is/are responsible for contacting the opposition player(s) to arrange the fixture. Please put a contact number on the draw sheet.
- Player(s) shown on the top of draw should provide a new tin of balls
- If you fail to turn up, or abandon your match this is a default and your opponent will progress to the next round.
- Any problems should be escalated to the umpires (David Lovejoy or Stuart Collins). Their decision is final.
- Please write your scores on the sheets in the clubhouse. It is also appreciated if you can write down the date of your next match, as many members and guests like to come along and watch.
- Please play all matches in a good spirit – shouting and swearing on court is not acceptable. Please call out the score after each point, and make line calls clear and timely. If you have any doubt about a call please play a let.
- Make sure that you wear appropriate sports clothing and kindly remove all rubbish or place it in the bins on courts 1 and 3.
- Good luck!
Club Tournament 2016
Congratulations to the 2016 winners:
Men’s singles: Patrick Williams
Ladies singles: Thelma Ziervogel
Mens’ doubles: Tim Robson and David Lovejoy
Ladies doubles: Thelma Ziervogel and Helen Mountain
Mixed doubles: Stuart Collins and Toni Robson